This session will explore the steps necessary to take to determine if an exception is a finding. We will also explore how to properly classify, report, and communicate findings in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
The session will cover:
- An update on evaluating and reporting audit findings;
- How, and if, to modify the audit strategy if finding is identified;
- The required reporting elements of a findings under GAGAS and the Uniform Guidance.
1. Provide knowledge on how to analyze findings reported under Uniform Guidance and Government Auditing Standards.
2. Provide various walkthrough examples using auditor judgement in case studies.
3. Apply provided guidance to evaluate results of internal control over compliance and compliance testing.
4. Apply the reporting requirements of a single audit.
5. Analyze case studies to evaluate and report findings in a single audit.